Please note that third party companies may operate and host the Web Site or portions of the Web Site on our behalf. If such companies do so, then they will collect the information described below on our behalf and disclose it to us.
The Web Site is for users located exclusively in the United States of America. Please do not use the Web Site if you are located outside the United States, because the Web Sites personal information practices and policies may or may not comply with applicable foreign laws.
We may gather your IP address when you use the Web Site. We may use IP addresses for diagnostic and statistical purposes and to administer the Web Site.
The Web Site may contain links to other web sites. We are not responsible for and shall not have any liability arising from the privacy practices or the content of other web sites.
The Company considers nonpublic personal information about our investors to be private and confidential, and we hold ourselves to the highest standards of trust in the safekeeping and use of such information.
We collect information from and about you in order to:
- identify you as an investor;
- establish and manage your investor accounts;
- complete your investor transactions;
- market investment products and services that meet your particular financial and investing needs;
- communicate and share information with your broker dealer, financial advisor, IRA custodian, joint owners and other similar parties acting at your request and on your behalf; and
- comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
Non-public personal information includes information you provide us in order to obtain Company investment products and services, as well as information about the transactions and accounts you have with the Company. Nonpublic personal information about you may include: your name, mailing address, e-mail address, tax identification number, age, account information, investment amounts in our companies, marital status, number of dependents, assets, debts, income, net worth, employment history, financial statements, beneficiary information, personal bank account information, credit history information, broker dealer, financial advisor, IRA custodian, account joint owners and other similar parties, the Company investment products and services you purchase, your Company account balance or transactional history, the fact that you are or have been an investor in a Company-sponsored investment and particulars related to any such investment.
We may collect nonpublic personal information about Company investors such as you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications, subscription agreements or other forms;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, and others;
- If you visit the Web Site, information you submit to us on our Web Site forms and information we collect through cookies;
- If you create a login and password on the Web Site to access your account with us, we will collect and use the login and password to verify your identity and for our internal use in maintaining your Web Site account; and
- Information obtained from others, such as from consumer credit reporting agencies.
Internal Use. We will use your personally identifiable information within our business for the purposes of furthering our business, including analyzing your information, matching your information with the information of others, and other possible uses.
Aggregate Use and Disclosure. We will use and disclose your personally identifiable information on an aggregate basis, which means that we combine parts of your information with parts of the information from our other users without including your name, complete telephone number, complete e-mail address or your street address, in the combination. For example, we might determine the most common zip code among the users of the Web Site and disclose that zip code to other parties, or determine and disclose the average income of investors in our funds.
Affiliated Companies. The Company offers investment products and services, and we may share all of the nonpublic personal information collected on you with our affiliates. We believe that by sharing information about you and your accounts among our companies, we are better able to serve your investment needs and to suggest services or educational materials that may be of interest to you.
Non-affiliated Service Providers and Joint Marketing Partners. From time to time, we use outside parties to perform services for us or functions on our behalf, including marketing our own investment products and services or marketing products or services that we may offer jointly with other parties. We may disclose all of the nonpublic personal information we collect as described above to such parties. However, before we disclose nonpublic personal information to any of our service providers or joint marketing partners, we require them to agree to keep our investor information confidential and secure and to use it only as authorized by us. When required by law, we will ask your permission before we share your information for this type of marketing.
Other Non-affiliated Third Parties. The Company does not sell or share your investor information with outside marketers who may want to offer their own products and services to you.
Other Uses and Disclosures. We maintain technology and information management systems designed to protect the confidentiality and security of your nonpublic personal information. In addition, we restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to personnel who have a legitimate business need for the information.
We may use and disclose your personally identifiable information to the extent reasonably necessary to:
- correct technical problems and malfunctions in how we provide our products and service to you and to technically process your information;
- protect our rights and property and the rights and property of others;
- take precautions against liability;
- respond to claims that your information violates the rights and interests of third parties;
- the extent required by law or to respond to judicial process; and
- the extent permitted under other provisions of law, to provide personal information to law enforcement agencies or for an investigation on a matter related to public safety.
You understand and agree that technical processing of your information is and may be required to:
- send and receive messages regarding your use of the Web Site;
- conform to the technical requirements of connecting networks;
- conform to the limitations of our service; or
- conform to other, similar technical requirements.
We store your personally identifiable information indefinitely, subject to information management policies adopted by us from time to time.
Change in control means any of the following events:
- a reorganization, merger, consolidation, acquisition or other restructuring involving all or substantially all of the Companys voting securities and/or assets, by operation of law or otherwise;
- the Company becomes insolvent;
- the Company makes a general assignment for the benefit of creditors;
- the Company suffers or permits an appointment of a receiver for its business or assets;
- the Company becomes subject to any proceedings under any bankruptcy or insolvency law, whether domestic or foreign; or
- the Company is liquidated, voluntarily or otherwise.